Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
- Supreme Court of New York
- Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Second and Fifth Circuit Courts of Appeals
- District of Connecticut
- Supreme Court of the United States
American Bar Association
Federal Bar Counsel
International Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
Second Circuit Inn of Court
University of Michigan, B.A.
Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
Richard Reice is a partner in M&R’s New York office and Chair of the firm's Employment Practice Group. He brings to his labor and employment law practice extensive in-house experience, having been an Associate General Counsel, Executive Vice President for Human Resources and senior executive team member of Frontier Telephone.
On behalf of a primarily management-side clientele spanning the finance, communications, staffing and healthcare industries, Richard negotiates employment and collective bargaining agreements and litigates employment discrimination and restrictive covenant/IP protection matters, both locally and nationwide. In addition, he handles labor management relations and wage and hour issues, and designs and implements workplace policies and procedures.
A veteran litigator with an impressive string of courtroom victories, Richard has tried numerous federal and state court cases to verdict. His success extends to arbitration (FINRA, AAA) and the appellate courts level as well. To his credit, Richard obtained the first seizure order ever issued by a U.S. court pursuant to the federal Defend Trade Secrets Act – this on behalf of a New York financial services company as part of its effort to regain possession of misappropriated trade secrets.
Beyond the courthouse, Richard regularly advises on employee relations, corporate acquisitions and restructurings, regulatory compliance, OSHA, and workforce management issues. Likewise, he conducts a range of on-site trainings, including harassment prevention and workplace safety. And as a testament to his standing as an employment law authority, Richard is a SDNY federal court appointed mediator with extensive ADR expertise.
Awards & Special Recognition
Richard was selected as an Employment Trailblazer for 2019 by the National Law Journal, and named a “Labor & Employment Star – Northeast” for 2019 by Benchmark Litigation. Also, each year since 2014, he has been included in the Super Lawyers - Metro New York Edition (Employment & Labor).
- Financial Times, July 3, 2019
- Bloomberg Law, March 10, 2020
- DOL Is Requiring Employers to Post Families First Employee Rights Notice March 30, 2020
- HHS Relaxing Enforcement of HIPAA to Facilitate Sharing of Information During the COVID-19 Crisis March 27, 2020
- Michelman & Robinson’s Guide to Coronavirus-Related Paid Sick Leave and Unemployment Insurance Laws in the Tri-State Area March 23, 2020
- Telecommuting in the Age of Coronavirus March 18, 2020
- M&R Coronavirus Risk Mitigation Team: A Multi-Disciplinary Legal Team Ready To Immediately Address A Host Of Coronavirus-Related Issues for Businesses, Quickly And Holistically March 17, 2020
- Michelman & Robinson Breaks Down the Families First Coronavirus Response Act March 16, 2020
- Employment in the Time of Coronavirus: Managing Your Workforce in the Face of a Global Pandemic March 5, 2020
- The Department of Labor Has Spoken: New Joint Employer Liability Rule Becomes Final January 27, 2020
- Attention New York Employers: Sweeping Changes Have Been Made to the State’s Discrimination Law October 7, 2019
- New York Cannot Prohibit the Arbitration of Sexual Harassment Claims July 31, 2019
- Federal Reserve Seeks to Bar Bankers for Misappropriation May 1, 2019