Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
American Bar Association
Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area
University of California, Hastings College of Law (J.D.)
University of Southern California (B.A.)
Stacey Chiu is an associate in M&R’s Los Angeles office and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group. In that capacity, Stacey represents employers in single plaintiff and multi-plaintiff litigation before state and federal courts, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and California Labor Commissioner. Stacey also represents employers in wage and hour class actions and collective Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) actions. Beyond the courtroom, she advises and counsels employers on employment issues pertaining to disciplinary actions, terminations, employee classifications, handbooks, and policies.
Prior to joining M&R, Stacey was associated with the labor and employment group of an AmLaw 20 law firm in San Francisco, where she focused her practice on complex litigation and class action defense.
An exceptional writer, Stacey was the Senior Articles Editor of the Hastings Law Journal and a Teaching Assistant in the Moot Court and Legal Writing and Research Department while in law school.
- At Long Last, Clarity Regarding Subsequent Violations Under PAGA March 9, 2021
- What Employees Need to Know About the $900 Billion COVID-19 Relief Package December 23, 2020
- Taking the Shot: Can You Require Your Employees to Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19? December 23, 2020
- California Employers Now Subject to Additional COVID-19-Related Laws Related to Cal/OSHA Reporting and Worker’s Compensation September 22, 2020