Labor & Employment
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D.
- University of Southern California, B.A.
Stacey Chiu is an associate in M&R’s Los Angeles office and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group. In that capacity, she focuses on the representation of employers in single- and multi-plaintiff litigation involving discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination claims in state and federal courts.
Further, Stacey handles a range of additional employment-related cases, with a particular expertise defending class actions alleging service charge, tipping and employee uniform (donning and doffing) issues. She also helps employers structure and implement compliant parental and other protected leave policies.
In terms of industry expertise, Stacey is frequently called upon to represent clients in the gaming, e-sports and technology spaces. This comes on the heels of her experience working for several tech startups when she practiced law in the Bay Area. While there and prior to joining M&R, Stacey was also associated with an AmLaw 20 law firm.
Cannabis is another of sector of interest to Stacey. She is well versed in regulation of the space and has provided guidance to social equity entrepreneurs looking to launch commercial cannabis businesses. As for the latter, this work deeply resonates with Stacey’s given her commitment to reducing communal inequalities. Toward that end, she spent three years living in Honduras working on sustainable development programs.
An exceptional writer, Stacey was the Senior Articles Editor of the Hastings Law Journal and a Teaching Assistant in the Moot Court and Legal Writing & Research Department while in law school.