- Techweek (Executive Advisory Board Member)
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Federal Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association College of Trial Advocacy (Faculty Member)
Chicago-Kent Trial Team (Coach)
The Chicago Leadership Alliance
Chicago-Kent College of the Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, J.D.
American University, B.A.
Seth E. Darmstadter
Seth Darmstadter is the Managing Partner of M&R’s Chicago office. He is an innovator who operates alongside his high-growth technology company clientele. Seth approaches his work on behalf of ad tech, health tech, media tech, integrated marketing and communications businesses as a strategic partner, delivering solutions-based approaches to law and commerce that allow these and other entrepreneurial companies to effectively navigate crowded and competitive industry landscapes. Seth is particularly proud of his work as former General Counsel for Outcome Health.
Many of Seth’s clients are industry disruptors that relish his fierce loyalty, comprehensive vision, forward thinking and enthusiasm. These traits make him a sought after collaborator and consultant – one who provides advice and counsel across both the strategic legal landscape and business operations.
Not only is Seth a member of M&R’s Advertising & Digital Media Industry Group, he is also an experienced and accomplished commercial litigator, having represented clients in state and federal courts, as well as at arbitration (commercial and labor). Over the years, Seth has favorably resolved a range of cases, including partnership and commercial real estate disputes; breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and restrictive covenant litigation; insurance coverage matters; employment conflicts; and tort actions.
When not hard at work, Seth can be found cooking or playing with his kids, sweating it out at SoulCycle or dining at one of the many global restaurants he frequents. A prolific writer, several of his restaurant reviews have graced the pages of Chicago Lawyer magazine. Seth also regularly authors articles for The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and recently spoke on the topic of companies optimizing their legal spend during a very well received presentation at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Awards & Special Recognitions
Seth was named to The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer Magazine “40 Under Forty” lists in 2014. Also, every year since 2011, Super Lawyers has recognized Seth as a “Rising Star,” a designation reserved for just the top 2.5% of lawyers under the age of 40, and in 2020 was named a "Super Lawyer". There is more. In 2019, Seth was named a Trailblazer by the New York Law Journal.
- January 30, 2020
- January 24, 2019
- Michelman & Robinson, LLP Commercial & Business Litigation Practice Recommended by The Legal 500 for Third Year in a RowJune 2, 2017
- January 13, 2017
- June 7, 2016
- Law360, October 18, 2019
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, June 10, 2016
- Corporate Counsel, April 28, 2020
- Chicago Lawyer, January 25, 2017
- Chicago Lawyer, July 1, 2016
- Chicago Lawyer Magazine, May 2016
- An Important Message From Michelman & Robinson About California Governor's Statewide Stay-At-Home Order March 19, 2020
- M&R Deciphers the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Just Passed by the Senate and Signed Into Law by the President March 18, 2020
- A Message From Michelman & Robinson About "Shelter in Place" Orders March 18, 2020