Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- District of Columbia (D.C.) Court of Appeals
California Lawyers Association
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Notre Dame Law School, magna cum laude (J.D.)
The Johns Hopkins University (B.A.)
Samuel M. Licker
Sam Licker is an associate in M&R’s Los Angeles office and member of the firm’s Corporate & Securities practice group. In that capacity, he handles a wide array of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, along with real estate and tax matters.
From due diligence to drafting operative and ancillary transaction documents and preparing consents, Sam has a breadth of responsibilities on M&R’s deal teams. He is also well versed in aspects of the insurance and regulatory law, having advised clients on issues pertaining to the National Flood Insurance Act, the Flood Disaster Protection Act, and the Biggert-Water Act.
While a student at Notre Dame Law School, Sam was a Senior Articles Editor of the Journal of Legislation. Likewise, he participated in Notre Dame’s London Law Program, where he studied international tax and assisted asylum seekers at the Islington Law Centre.
Before joining M&R, Sam worked with the Business Development department at Multicom Entertainment Group, an independent distribution company with a focus on the global television market and digital media platforms.
- U.S. Senate Gets Additional Stimulus Conversation Started With Introduction of HEALS Act August 4, 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program Extended to August 8th July 6, 2020
- California Looks to Pass Legislation Concerning Business Interruption Coverage Due to COVID-19 July 1, 2020
- PPP Loan Deadline May Be Extended as SBA Issues New Rules Relating to Loan Forgiveness and Eligibility July 1, 2020
- Defy State and Local Executive Orders at Your Own Risk June 29, 2020
- Nevada Division of Insurance to Disallow Policy Exclusions Related to COVID-19 June 22, 2020
- CDI Announces New Order Regarding Workers' Compensation Premium Savings for CA Businesses Affected by COVID-19 June 22, 2020
- California Modifies the Tolling of Statutes of Limitations in Civil Cases June 10, 2020
- Senate Passes Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020 June 4, 2020
- House Introduces Pandemic Risk Insurance Act of 2020 in the Wake of COVID-19 Business Interruption Claims May 28, 2020
- House Contemplates Revisions to the Paycheck Protection Program May 27, 2020
- U.S. House Democrats Introduce HEROES Act, a New $3T Stimulus Package May 14, 2020
- SAFE Banking Act for Cannabis-Related Businesses Included in the HEROES Act May 14, 2020
- NAIC Issues Business Interruption Data Call in the Wake of COVID-19 May 5, 2020
- Attention Cannabis Businesses: Hope May Be on the Horizon for Federal COVID-19-Related Relief April 24, 2020
- California Department of Insurance Issues Notice Granting Tax-Filing Extension in Response to COVID-19 April 24, 2020
- Congress Looks to Bolster the PPP with Another $250B in Funding April 8, 2020
- Clarifying the Paycheck Protection Program: Payment of Insurance Premiums and Loan Forgiveness under the CARES Act April 7, 2020
- SEC Announces Temporary Regulatory Relief for Market Participants Affected by Coronavirus March 31, 2020
- IRS Releases “People First Initiative” Temporarily Adjusting and Suspending Key Compliance Actions March 27, 2020