Kelly M. Hagemann
Commercial & Business Litigation
Regulatory & Administrative Law
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Orange County Bar Association (Health Care Law Section)
- California Lawyers for the Arts in Santa Monica
- Public Law Center in Orange County
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A
Kelly Hagemann is a partner in M&R’s Orange County office with broad litigation experience and a focus on the behavioral healthcare industry.
Kelly assists providers with all aspects of their businesses, ranging from day-to-day operations to high-risk events. These include:
- Mental health parity and access to care for adults and adolescents
- Marketing, referrals and compliance with the Eliminating Kickback in Recovery Act and similar state laws
- Management services and operations
- Fraud and abuse compliance, counseling and defense
- Sober living arrangements and client hardships
- Licensing and accusations
- Corporate practice of medicine issues
- Privacy, confidentiality and access to records
- Zoning and discriminatory actions by cities, counties and HOAs
Over the years, Kelly has gained extensive experience navigating clients through network agreement breaches, improperly-denied claims, Special Investigations Unit actions, illegal and unauthorized recoupments, and various pre-payment reviews and payor delay tactics. She has also tried and resolved numerous administrative actions brought by the California Department of Health Care Services and the California Department of Insurance.
Beyond her work in the healthcare space, Kelly is also a lead trial counsel who has successfully litigated and arbitrated cases involving all aspects of business, including contract actions, trade secret misappropriation, business torts, lease and HOA disputes, insurance, partnership disputes and employment matters.
Kelly has worked as a volunteer for California Lawyers for the Arts in Santa Monica, as well as the Public Law Center in Orange County.