Amanda K. Monroe
Labor & Employment
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- California Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
- Hotel Association of Los Angeles
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Staff Editor, Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, 2013-2014)
- KIPP Foundation
- One Justice: Impact LA
- Alliance for Children’s Rights
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- Villanova University, B.S.
Amanda K. Monroe is a senior associate in M&R’s Los Angeles office and member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group.
A seasoned litigator, Amanda is best known for her work defending single plaintiff and collective actions (class action and PAGA claims) involving alleged wage and hour violations. In these cases—venued in state and federal courts across the U.S., as well as at mediation and arbitration—Amanda has compiled an extraordinary record of victories. In addition, she litigates a range of other employment-related disputes and handles administrative matters before the California Labor Commissioner, Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Outside of litigation, Amanda is sought after for her advice and counsel on a range of operational items of importance to employers. These include:
- Employee handbooks
- Wage and hour audits and compliance
- Lawful hiring practices
- Leaves of absence
- Investigations (sexual harassment, discrimination and employee and executive misconduct)
- Workforce reductions (including mass layoffs under the WARN Act)
- Supervisor and management trainings (including sexual harassment training)
- Incentive compensation issues
Before joining M&R, Amanda served as a clerk for the Honorable Thomas B. Donovan in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California. Thereafter, she was associated with an international law firm, and then Amanda focused her practice on complex litigation, labor & employment, and class action defense at Crone Hawxhurst LLP—a spinoff of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan. All the while, Amanda cultivated her passion for pro bono work, and she continues to donate her time to legal causes throughout Los Angeles. Of note, Amanda was labeled a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2020 and 2021.