Areas Of Expertise
M&R has deep roots in the energy industry, particularly in Houston, the oil & gas capital of the country. In fact, our energy attorneys are involved in some of the most significant energy-related disputes in the U.S. and internationally. Domestically, we’ve handled cases arising from oil & gas operations in every producing jurisdiction in the U.S.—cases venued in federal and state courts, litigated through arbitration and heard in parallel with regulatory proceedings.
Our team’s experience includes defending lawsuits brought by land, royalty and working interest owners; litigation between joint operators, operators and service providers; claims arising from field operations; midstream disputes and those over oil & gas transportation; and virtually every other type of case that touches upon the power sector.
Notably, the firm’s expertise in the energy space extends beyond traditional oil & gas matters. Our team frequently advises clients on liquified natural gas (LNG), the marketing and trading of commodities, FERC enforcement proceedings, renewables (solar and wind) and power generation and transmission. We also frequently handle matters involving insurance issue that arise in the energy sector.
Areas Of Expertise
- Accounting Obligations
- Acquisition and Divestiture of Oil & Gas Properties (including midstream assets)
- Bankruptcy Matters
- Class Actions
- Climate Change Litigation
- Contract Advice and Counsel (including upstream, midstream, power and LNG agreements)
- Contract Cases
- Environmental Contamination
- Fraud and Tort Actions
- Insurance Coverage & Litigation
- Litigation Avoidance
- Market Manipulation Disputes (including lawsuits involving trading in energy and commodity markets)
- Oil & Gas Leases
- Oil & Gas Production & Business Operations
- Risk Mitigation
- Royalty Payment Practices
- Solar Power World, April 28, 2022