Robert N. Berg
Retail & Apparel
Commercial Business Litigation
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- American Bar Association
- Temple Isaiah (Financial Board)
- Anti-Defamation League (Past Board Member)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- University of California at Davis, B.A.
Robert Berg is a partner in M&R’s San Francisco office. His practice is focused on insurance (including coverage), environmental and civil litigation.
An insurance industry authority with over three decades of experience, Rob principally represents clients in large complex insurance coverage and bad faith disputes. Over the years, he has litigated many such cases, involving commercial general liability, professional liability, first-party coverage and admiralty policies. Rob also handles contractual commercial litigation and toxic torts, as well as matters involving the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), maritime law and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). In addition, he has successfully litigated numerous severe injury and death cases.
Of note, Rob frequently writes and speaks on topics impacting the insurance and environmental industries. Additionally, CBS Radio’s KFWB News calls upon him for legal commentary.