Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
State Bar of Massachusetts
New York University School of Law, LL.M
Suffolk University Law School, JD
Boston College, BS
Todd Anderson is a partner in M&R’s New York office and a tax law authority. For over 20 years, he has advised many of the world’s largest investment banks, investment funds, real estate partnerships, asset managers, loan originators and servicers, REITs, non-US investors, tax-exempt organizations and other tax-sensitive investors on the tax aspects of their US and non-US investment and business decisions.
Having worked on a broad range of financial assets, Todd has extensive experience in the tax aspects of structured finance transactions and other complex financial instruments. In fact, over the years, he has structured, managed and advised on thousands of real estate-related transactions and other tax matters, including over US$500 billion of REMIC, debt-for-tax, and other securitization, financing and fund-formation deals. Likewise, he has created very innovative investment and securitization structures, as well as a first-of-its-kind FinTech US tax legal opinion program called Season & Sell 2.0SM, designed for non-US investors in newly originated or recently modified US loans.
Prior to joining M&R, Todd served as Senior Tax Partner leading US debt capital market tax matters for the world’s largest law firm.
- Commercial Mortgage Alert, March 13, 2020
- U.S. Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Challenge to Scope of Anti-Injunction Act in Micro-Captive Insurance Company Transactions Case May 7, 2020
- A 2008 Redux: IRS Provides Temporary Cash/Stock Dividend Relief for Publicly Offered REITs and RICs May 6, 2020
- Tax Implications of the PPP May 1, 2020
- Tax Implications of the CARES Act at a Glance April 2, 2020
- IRS Releases “People First Initiative” Temporarily Adjusting and Suspending Key Compliance Actions March 27, 2020
- UPDATE: The IRS and States Provide Tax Relief in the Wake of the Coronavirus Pandemic March 21, 2020
- M&R Coronavirus Risk Mitigation Team: A Multi-Disciplinary Legal Team Ready To Immediately Address A Host Of Coronavirus-Related Issues for Businesses, Quickly And Holistically March 17, 2020
- Michelman & Robinson Breaks Down the Families First Coronavirus Response Act March 16, 2020