Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Federal, Second and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Central and Northern Districts of California
American University, Washington College of Law, J.D.
University of California at Los Angeles, B.A.
Taylor C. Foss
Senior Associate Taylor Foss is a member of Michelman & Robinson’s (M&R’s) Intellectual Property Practice, focusing on trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and general business litigation. Mr. Foss has litigated patent infringement cases related to technologies as varied as polarized sunglass lenses, encrypted computer networks, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices.
A key contributor to M&R’s Pharmaceutical Patents team, Mr. Foss advises pharmaceutical companies on issues ranging from disputes under the False Claims Act to patent and trademark portfolio management. He has considerable experience rendering invalidity, non-infringement and freedom-to-operate opinions, conducting intellectual property due diligence, and drafting patent applications and prosecuting them through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He regularly defends Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) for generic, bioequivalent drugs.
- ANDA Litigation: Represented a leading specialty pharmaceutical company in a variety of cases, including ANDA litigation, patent disputes and other matters.
- Breach of Contract: Successfully represented a global manufacturer of scientific and technological instruments and systems in a breach of contract dispute with a distributor.
- False Claims Act: Member of a team that represents a pharmaceutical company suing on behalf of the United States federal and state governments due to another pharmaceutical company’s wrongfully attaining patent rights and overcharging government agencies, including Medicare and Medicaid and the Veterans’ Administration, during the term of the wrongfully obtained patent it claimed covered the drug.
- False Claims Act: Represented an ophthalmic pharmaceutical company in defeating a marking troll that sought damages for alleged false patent marketing on a glaucoma drug product insert.
- Licensing Dispute: Represented coffee company in dispute with celebrity estate regarding wrongful license termination.
- Patent Infringement: Successfully defended a specialty eyewear manufacturer in a patent infringement case relating to polarized polyurethane lenses.
- Trademark Infringement: Represented a leading musculoskeletal implant manufacturer in obtaining a preliminary injunction against a competitor using an infringing trademark.
- Trademark Infringement: Represented an organic and raw food bar manufacturer in a recently filed trademark infringement matter.
- Law360, August 9, 2016
- IPFrontline, April 14, 2016
- Law360, April 13, 2016
- Los Angeles Daily Journal, April 13, 2016
- IPFrontline, September 5, 2016
- IPFrontline, August 19, 2016