Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of New Jersey
Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA)
New York City Bar Association, Health Law Committee (Chair, 2011-2014)
Nassau County Bar Association, Hospital and Health Law Committee(Chair, 2009-2011)
Urgent Care Association of America (Document Oversight (DOC)/Scientific Policies and Standards Committee)
Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
Boston University, B.S.
A member of Michelman & Robinson, LLP's (M&R’s) Health Care Department, Ron Lebow focuses his practice on business, contract, corporate and regulatory matters. He has extensive experience drafting and negotiating agreements and structuring operations and business arrangements for ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers, hospitals, clinical laboratories and other medical providers. Additionally, Mr. Lebow routinely works with physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, dentists and a wide range of other health care professionals. He also advises management companies, private investors and venture capitalists. Further, Mr. Lebow has significant experience with health care-related, web-based and mobile app start-up business ventures.
With considerable regulatory expertise, Mr. Lebow is able to ensure legal compliance on the deals and companies he structures. He has vast knowledge of the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, additional fraud and abuse laws and regulations, HIPAA, fee splitting laws and those regulations governing professional misconduct, both at the state and federal level.
Mr. Lebow helps clients establish practices and mega-groups, structure investor and management relationships, as well as buy and sell practices and facilitates management service organization relationships and facility affiliations, acquisitions and joint ventures. He also drafts and negotiates shareholder and operating agreements, asset purchase agreements, employment agreements, equipment and intellectual property licenses, management agreements, marketing and sales representative agreements, billing agreements and software-related contracts.
Mr. Lebow earned his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School, and received his B.S., in Business Administration, from Boston University.
Awards & Special Recognitions
Mr. Lebow was selected to the 2013, 2014, and 2015 New York Metro Rising Stars by Super Lawyers.
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers: Restructured shareholder investment and distribution methodologies for several existing licensed ambulatory surgery center (ASC) providers and prepared the conversion of another surgery center to an all-employment model.
- Cancer Center: On behalf of the selling physician,negotiated the acquisition of a state-of-the-art cancer treatment center by the largest health care system spanning both Long Island and Brooklyn, NY.
- Concierge Medicine: Structured a concierge medicine private practice agreement catering to an individual family based in Manhattan that ensured compliance with both insurance law and those regulations governing professional practice.
Credit Facility: Structured and closed a $13,000,000.00 credit facility for a large emergency and inpatient medical group. The complex and challenging transaction involved thirty-three separate entities, four different banks, across seven states, and the avoidance of a potential $100,000.00 contractual penalty.
- Healthcare Private Pay Financing Software: Drafted a deductible and co-insurance financing agreement and insurance eligibility check software platform agreement on behalf of SwipeMed, a state-of-the-art company which caters to radiology providers.
- Hospital Captive Professional Entities: Structured a captive professional entity relationship for a physician community network expansion on behalf of one of the highest volume hospitals in Brooklyn, NY.
- Hotel-Physician Fee Structure: Drafted a contract and advised on fee structuring for a physician group engaged as the exclusive medical provider to a hotel chain’s guests.
- Hotel-Physician Joint Ventures:Advised a hotel operator regarding how to creatively structure relationships with a post-hospital discharge luxury care experience.
- Mega-Group: Created a large group practice structure that enabled previously independent primary care practitioners and cardiologists to legally combine and capitalize on ancillary testing and procedures in order to more closely monitor and coordinate specialized and higher quality care for their patients.
- Urgent Care Centers: Structured and established a start-up urgent care operation across three states including its relationships with a management company financing entity, investors, physician providers and a clinical research organization.
- Venture Capital and Management Relationships: Represented venture capitalists in the national rollout of investment and contractual structure for Medi-Home, a company committed to servicing residents of assisted living facilities. The rollout ensured safer on-site care and provided monitoring for the elderly and infirm in order to reduce hospital admission and re-admission. Navigated clients on the investment structure, state to state legal issues, and addressed complex financing and expansion issues.
- The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, August 19, 2015
- The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, August 17, 2015
- The Ambulatory M&A Advisor, April 24, 2015
- Practice Path MD, November 2017
- PropertyCasualty360, November 13, 2017
- Insurance Journal, April 12, 2017
- Insurance Journal, March 6, 2017
- Behavioral Healthcare Executive, February 13, 2017
- Becker's Hospital Review, August 30, 2016
- The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine, May 2, 2016
- Advance Healthcare Network, March 7, 2016
- Farr Healthcare, Inc. Newsletter, March 2016
- Farr Healthcare, Inc. Newsletter, January 2016
- Journal of Urgent Care Medicine, December 2015
- Physician Wealth Management, February 2013
- Drs. Reference The Magazine, Fall 2012
- Promises, Shmomises! Can I See it in Writing? Residents Will Benefit by Successfully Negotiating Employee AgreementsAmerican Academy of Dermatology's Directions in Residency, Spring 2012
- The Legal Manual for Physicians , 2012
- Guardianship Practice in New York State
Past Speaking Engagements
- National Conference on Addiction on DisordersBaltimore, MD, August 20, 2017
- Michelman & Robinson, LLP (M&R) Insurance Hot TopicsMay 2017
- Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) 2017 Spring Urgent Care Convention & ExpoNational Harbor, Maryland, May 2, 2017
- Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) 2016 Fall ConferenceNashville, TN, September 30, 2016
- Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) 2016 Spring ConferenceOrlando, FL, April 18, 2016
- Dermatology AuthorityManhattan, NY, February 20, 2016
- Legal Insight: Addressing the Top Legal Issues to Consider When Opening and Operating an Urgent Care CenterStrategic Solutions NetworkPhoenix, AZ, January 28, 2016
- New Derm LIVE 2015Hollywood, CA, September 20, 2015
- New Derm LIVE 2015Hollywood, CA, September 19, 2015
- Becker’s ASC Review 13th Annual Spine, Orthopedic & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of SpineChicago, IL, June 13, 2015
- Implementation of the Affordable Care Act: Implications for 2014 and BeyondNew York City Bar Association, New York, NY, March 21, 2013
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs): Practical Implementation in New YorkThe Association of the Bar of the City of New York and the City Bar Center for CLENew York, NY, September 2011
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York 2010 City Bar Summer SeriesNew York, NY, August 2010
- Nassau Academy of Law, Queens County Medical Society, New York, NY, May 2010
- Nassau County Bar Association Health Law Committee, New York, NY, November 2, 2009
- New York State Bar Association, New York, NY, Fall 2004
- Drug Treatment Centers Must Walk a Fine Line With Respect to Marketing August 26, 2016
- Electronic Health Records Company Settles FTC Charges It Misled Consumers June 16, 2016
- With New Round of HIPAA Audits, It Is Critical to Have Updated Privacy and Security Policies in Place April 11, 2016
- CMS Finalizes Overpayment Reporting Rule, Intensifying Need for Proper Compliance Programs February 19, 2016
- UnitedHealthcare Services Denied Injunction Against Out-of-Network Physician Seeking to Bar Balance Billing of the Patient September 29, 2015
- Senate Passes NOTICE Act Regarding Observation Care August 12, 2015
- New York Attorney General Pursues Dental Management Company for Corporate Practice Violation June 22, 2015
- Questionable Physician Compensation Agreements May Lead to Liability June 12, 2015
- Medical Marijuana Regulations for New York are Here! April 15, 2015
- OIG Advisory Opinion Warns Against Physician Exclusive Relationship with Clinical Laboratory Company April 3, 2015
- New York’s “Emergency Medical Services and Surprise Bill” March 11, 2015
- Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) 2016 Fall ConventionSeptember 30, 2016
- Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) 2016 Spring ConferenceApril 18, 2016
- Annual Building, Growing and Branding Urgent Care ConferenceJanuary 28, 2016
- Becker's 13th Annual Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference + The Future of Spine SeminarJune 13, 2015