Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
State Bar of New Jersey
- State Bar of Connecticut
- State Bar of Washington, D.C.
New York Law School, JD
University of Iowa, BA
Megan Penick is a partner in M&R’s New York office. A general corporate and securities lawyer and business and corporate governance consultant, Megan brings more than 15 years of experience to her practice.
She is sought after for her work guiding private companies through the process of going public. Likewise, Megan is known for helping public companies meet their SEC filing and disclosure requirements. In addition, she represents issuers and underwriters in the sale of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance matters.
A niche area of Megan’s practice includes working with entrepreneurs, start-ups, and mid-sized ventures—both China-based and domestic—as outside general counsel, assisting these clients in all aspects of their corporate legal development. In this capacity, she handles a range of transactions, including those involving listing and uplisting issues (whether to NASDAQ or NYSE), as well as the preparation and filing of quarterly and annual reports, proxy statements, current reports on Form 8-K, and registration statements.
More particularly, Megan has represented a NASDAQ-listed company in China relative to a $15M registered direct offering; worked on behalf of other China-based corporations in completing reverse mergers into publicly-traded U.S. companies; and advised an oil and gas concern in China on NASDAQ listing, financing, and SEC-related matters. No doubt, her ability to communicate in Mandarin certainly came in handy in these transactions.
Domestically, Megan represents both private and NASDAQ-listed companies in the education, cannabis, biotech, and pharmaceutical spaces, among many others.
Corporate Transactional: Represents NASDAQ-listed issuers in general corporate and securities matters.
Private Placement: Represented wireless communications systems developer in connection with the private placement of $6M in common stock.
Private Placement: Represented pharmaceutical company in private placement of up to $10M in equity securities.
Stock Offerings: Represented issuer in successful Regulation A+ offering of up to $50M of common stock.
- A Recap of the US-China Trade Conflict TimelineApril 2018
- China Adopts Rules to Lure Innovative Overseas-Listed Companies Back to China's Stock ExchangesApril 2018
- SEC Chairman Issues Statement on Cryptocurrencies and SEC Halts Munchee Token SaleDecember 2017
- An Update on Cybersecurity Law Enforcement in ChinaOctober 2017
- SEC Assembles Cyber Unit to Target Cyber-Related MisconductOctober 2017
- China Introduces Its First Investment Dispute Arbitration Rules as ICSID AlternativeSeptember 2017
- China State Council Issues Guidelines on Overseas InvestmentsAugust 2017
- An Overview of China’s New Cybersecurity LawAugust 2017
Past Speaking Engagements
- Blockchain and the LawConsensus 2019New York, New York, May 2019
- International Business LawNew York Institute for Business & FinanceNew York, New York, June 2017