Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
U.S. Supreme Court
New York State Bar Association,Real Property Law Committee
Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Nassau County Bar Association,Real Property Law Committee
Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
State University of New York, Stony Brook, B.A.
A partner in M&R’s Real Estate Department, Mark Frimmel navigates owners and developers through complex real estate acquisitions and development projects as well as in the sale of commercial, industrial and residential buildings.
Mr. Frimmel also represents landlords and tenants in retail, hospitality, office, health care and industrial leases. He advises lenders and borrowers in commercial and residential financing transactions including mortgage loans, HUD insured health care mortgage loans, lines of credit and mezzanine loans. He represents lenders and borrowers in mortgage work out agreements.
Additionally, Mr. Frimmel has significant experience in the representation of cooperative and condominium housing associations. He counsels debtors and creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings and has advised Chapter 7 Panel Trustees in asset recovery actions, adversary proceedings and other contested matters.
He has also represented thoroughbred race horse owners , including the owners of Kentucky Derby, Preakness and Breeders Cup winning horses, in all aspects of the horse racing industry. Mr. Frimmel was selected as one of Metropolitan New York Super Lawyers in 2015.
Mr. Frimmel acted as Of Counsel to the Real Estate Board of New York Subcommittee on Existing Housing, as well as a Hearing Officer for the County of Nassau, Small Claims Assessment Review. He served as a panelist in Fundamentals of Bankruptcy Law, at the Nassau Academy of Law. He also served as a member of the Nassau County Volunteer Lawyers Project screening potential Chapter 7 bankruptcy filers and filing bankruptcy petitions for accepted individuals.
Mr. Frimmel received his J.D., from Fordham University School of Law, where he was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for Civil Procedure, made Dean’s List after his first year and served as Treasurer of the Student Bar Association. He earned his B.A. from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, where he majored in Sociology.
- Acquisition: Closed a leveraged buyout of a 499-bed nursing home in Manhattan (Dewitt Rehab) for $105 million, including a $90 million bridge to HUD from KeyBank. The property is located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and has always been looked upon as the most significant site in Manhattan available for eventual redevelopment into condominiums.
- Commercial Financing: Represented a lender in connection with a $27 million mortgage loan to a 625-unit residential cooperative building in the city of New York.
- Commercial Real Estate: Represented the purchaser in connection with the $54 million acquisition of land improved by a 280-bed nursing home in Suffolk County, New York.
- Commercial Leasing: Represented landlord in connection with a 25,000 square foot lease in New Jersey for a service and parts center with the manufacturer of electric cars.
- Commercial Real Estate: Represented the seller in connection with the sale of a of a state of the art equine veterinary hospital in Nassau County, New York.
Credit Facility: Structured and closed a $13,000,000.00 credit facility for a large emergency and inpatient medical group. The complex and challenging transaction involved thirty-three separate entities, four different banks, across seven states, and the avoidance of a potential $100,000.00 contractual penalty.
- November 7, 2016
- September 21, 2016
- September 19, 2016
- August 23, 2016
- April 6, 2016
- Michelman & Robinson, LLP is pleased to announce that five New York attorneys have been selected for inclusion in New York Super Lawyers® for 2015August 18, 2015
- July 9, 2015
- Michelman & Robinson Expands Corporate & Securities and Real Estate Departments with Addition of Two New AttorneysSeptember 29, 2014
- New York Law Journal, August 5, 2015
- The Senior Care Investor, July 22, 2015
- Law360, July 20, 2015
- How to Cope with the Mentally Ill?The Cooperator: The Co-op & Condo Monthly, March 2011