Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of New Jersey
- US Ct. of Appeals, 2nd Cir.
- US Ct. of Appeals, 8th Cir.
- US Dist. Ct., SDNY
- US Dist. Ct., EDNY
- US Dist. Ct., WDNY
- US Dist. Ct., Dist. of NJ
Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., with honors
The Bronx High School of Science
Marc B. Zimmerman
Marc B. Zimmerman is a premier management-side labor and employment lawyer and leader of M&R's Employment Litigation Practice Group. Based in the firm's New York office, Marc represents clients of all sizes and is experienced in a wide range of industries, including retail, manufacturing, fashion, luxury goods, real estate, building services, finance, automotive, education and health care. Marc believes a great counselor takes the time to understand a client’s business and anticipates, as well as addresses, a client’s needs. His hands-on approach enables him to partner with his clients and build lasting relationships.
Marc’s clients rely on his advice and guidance on a wide range of labor relations and business issues, including wage and hour compliance, discipline, leaves, management training, policy development, reductions in force, investigations, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, whistleblower and unemployment claims. Marc also is a sought-after negotiator and routinely assists management and executives in drafting and reviewing employment contracts, restrictive covenants and executive compensation issues. He serves as the chief negotiator in collective bargaining agreements and has represented employers in hundreds of arbitration hearings.
No matter the forum – federal and state courts, contract arbitration, New York State Department of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New York State Division of Human Rights (and various other state and city human rights agencies) or the National Labor Relations Board – Marc is a highly skilled practitioner with an expansive portfolio of case experience. Given his fluency in local and federal labor and employment law, he is frequently called upon as a speaker and commentator, Marc has been quoted in Workforce Magazine, Corporate Counsel, Inside Counsel, Human Resource Executive Magazine, Inc. Magazine, on Law360.com, MSNBC.com, and the Associated Press.
Marc earned a J.D. from Fordham University School of Law. Before that, he graduated with honors and was conferred a B.A. from State University of New York at Binghamton.
Awards & Special Recognition
Each year since 2014, Marc has been selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers - Metro New York Edition (Employment & Labor).
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), April 27, 2018
- HR Dive, January 29, 2018
- Eater, December 5, 2017
- HR Dive, December 4, 2017
- Michelman & Robinson, LLP’s New York Office Adds Five New Attorneys Marking Tremendous Firmwide GrowthPress Release, September 12, 2017
- Law360, April 26, 2018
- Hotel News Now, February 23, 2018
Past Speaking Engagements
- Museum Store Association (MSA) Forward 2018Washington, D.C., April 29, 2018
- #MeToo: What Employers Need to Know About New Laws in New York State and City Concerning Workplace Sexual Harassment July 9, 2018
- Something New on the Starbucks Menu: Diversity Training June 25, 2018
- Attention Employers: The Supreme Court Has Spoken On Class Action Waivers May 24, 2018
- Got Employees? New Laws Juvenile Products Manufacturers Need to Know January 30, 2018
- Here’s a Tip: Be Mindful of Pending Changes in the Treatment of Gratuities December 11, 2017