Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of New Jersey
- US Ct. of Appeals, 2nd Cir.
- US Ct. of Appeals, 8th Cir.
- US Dist. Ct., SDNY
- US Dist. Ct., EDNY
- US Dist. Ct., WDNY
- US Dist. Ct., Dist. of NJ
Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., with honors
The Bronx High School of Science
Marc B. Zimmerman
Marc B. Zimmerman is a partner in M&R’s New York office. A premier management-side labor and employment attorney and leader of M&R's Employment Litigation Practice Group, Marc believes a great lawyer must take time to understand each client’s business and anticipate, as well as address, their specific needs. He does just that, and his hands-on approach to legal representation enables him to partner with his clients and build lasting relationships.
In terms of his practice, Marc advises clients on a wide range of labor relations and business issues, including wage and hour compliance, discipline, management training, policy development, reductions in force, investigations, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and whistleblower and unemployment claims. He is also a sought-after negotiator and routinely assists management and executives in drafting and reviewing employment contracts, restrictive covenants and executive compensation issues. There is more. Marc serves as a chief negotiator in collective bargaining agreements and has represented employers in hundreds of arbitration hearings.
No matter the forum – federal and state courts, contract arbitration, Departments of Labor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New York State Division of Human Rights (and various other state and city human rights agencies) or the National Labor Relations Board – Marc is a highly skilled practitioner with an expansive portfolio of representative clients. Indeed, his clientele spans a range of industries, such as luxury goods, fashion, retail, automotive, manufacturing, real estate, building services, finance, education and health care. And given his fluency in local and federal labor and employment law, he is frequently called upon as a speaker and writer, and has been published and/or extensively quoted in Women's Wear Daily, Workforce Magazine, Corporate Counsel, Inside Counsel, Human Resource Executive Magazine, Inc. Magazine, and on Law360.com, MSNBC.com and the Associated Press.
Awards & Special Recognition
Each year since 2014, Marc has been selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers - Metro New York Edition (Employment & Labor).
- Business Insider, Erie News Now, Business Aviation and Corporate Jet Investor, February 27, 2019
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), April 27, 2018
- HR Dive, January 29, 2018
- Eater, December 5, 2017
- HR Dive, December 4, 2017
- Michelman & Robinson, LLP’s New York Office Adds Five New Attorneys Marking Tremendous Firmwide GrowthPress Release, September 12, 2017
- HR Dive, July 3, 2019
- Bloomberg Law, May 21, 2019
- Women's Wear Daily (WWD), May 2, 2019
- Hotel News Now, April 9, 2019
- Modern Restaurant Management, October 9, 2018
- Law360, April 26, 2018
- Hotel News Now, February 23, 2018
Past Speaking Engagements
- Museum Store Association (MSA) Forward 2018Washington, D.C., April 29, 2018
- Supreme Court Rules a Plaintiff’s Failure to File EEOC Charge Is Not Fatal to Title VII Lawsuit Unless Timely Raised by a Defendant June 6, 2019
- The DOL Tries Again to Refresh Overtime Salary Thresholds March 11, 2019
- Misclassification Class Actions Take a Back Seat November 7, 2018
- The Joint Employer Saga Continues: Proposal by NLRB Narrows Scope of Liability September 24, 2018
- #MeToo: What Employers Need to Know About New Laws in New York State and City Concerning Workplace Sexual Harassment July 9, 2018
- Something New on the Starbucks Menu: Diversity Training June 25, 2018
- Attention Employers: The Supreme Court Has Spoken On Class Action Waivers May 24, 2018
- Got Employees? New Laws Juvenile Products Manufacturers Need to Know January 30, 2018
- Here’s a Tip: Be Mindful of Pending Changes in the Treatment of Gratuities December 11, 2017