Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Irish American Bar Association
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, J.D.
University of Southern California, B.A.
Laura E. Dilweg
A member of M&R’s Commercial & Business Litigation Department, Laura Dilweg has extensive experience litigating complex commercial matters from inception through trial. She is an outstanding litigator with broad-based experience representing clients in business, contractual, and shareholder disputes; class actions; trade secret misappropriation and intellectual property infringement claims; labor and employment disputes; construction disputes; and alleged violations of state and federal consumer protection and unfair business practices statutes.
Having represented clients in both federal and state courts, Ms. Dilweg is well-versed in every aspect of litigation, from drafting and responding to pleadings, discovery (written and electronic), and dispositive motions to trial and alternate dispute resolution. Notably, her familiarity inside the courtroom was first shaped as a judicial extern to the Honorable Richard M. Neiter of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Los Angeles, California.
Ms. Dilweg is an excellent legal writer. In fact, while a student at the USC Gould School of Law, she was a teaching assistant for its Legal Writing and Advocacy Program. At USC, Ms. Dilweg was also selected to participate in the Hale Moot Court Honors Program.
Ms. Dilweg earned a J.D. from the University of Southern California, Gould School of Law. Prior to that, she was awarded a B.A. from the USC.
- Class Action Defense: Successfully opposed motion for class certification in purported multi-million dollar nationwide class action labeling litigation.
- Commercial Business Litigation: Compelled arbitration and obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar misrepresentation claims, resulting in favorable settlement negotiations.
- Commercial Business Litigation: Obtained dismissal of numerous lender-liability lawsuits at pre-trial stage.
- Labor and Employment: Obtained summary judgment in federal court of employment claims of former employee against national retailer of nutrition-related products.
- Maintaining a California Subsidiary May Expose Foreign Corporations to Service in CaliforniaInternational Trade Alert, March 17, 2011