Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
Loyola Law School, J.D.
University of Wisconsin, B.A.
Kyle P. Klein
An associate in Michelman & Robinson, LLP’s (M&R’s) Los Angeles office, Kyle Klein is a member of the firm’s Employment Litigation Practice Group. Mr. Klein has experience in all phases of discovery and trial preparation, including writing pertinent motions and briefs, performing legal research, preparing discovery requests and responses, drafting evidentiary objections, as well as conducting client and witness interviews.
He focuses his practice on counseling and litigating on behalf of employers in matters relating to discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination, reduction in workforce, hiring, and wage and hour issues. In addition to handling matters in both the pre-litigation and litigation phase, Mr. Klein routinely counsels employers on preventative steps and actions, including hiring and termination, as well as issues involving discrimination and retaliation, misclassification, overtime, and meal/rest breaks, among others.
Kyle completed his J.D. from Loyola Law School after receiving a B.A. in Political Science and Communications from the University of Wisconsin. At Loyola, Mr. Klein appeared on the Dean’s List and participated in the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review, where he served for one year as Editor.
Mr. Klein has engaged in pro bono work in support of Bet Tzedek, a nonprofit organization offering legal services to low-income individuals.
Prior to joining M&R, Mr. Klein served as Judicial Extern to the Honorable Judith Ashmann-Gerst of the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, and as a Law Clerk in the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.
Employment Discrimination/Harassment Litigation:Conducted discovery and legal research on behalf of a national food manufacturing company involved in a wrongful termination lawsuit.
Employment Discrimination/Wrongful Termination Litigation: Presently counseling a management consulting industry client in a sexual harassment / wrongful termination matter. My. Klein has performed a variety of legal research and drafted the pre-mediation status report.
Employment Discrimination/Wrongful Termination Litigation: Counseling a client sued for wrongful termination and discrimination-related claims. Mr. Klein has thus far reviewed the complaint, conducted factual investigation and drafted a responsive pleading.
- Employment – Workers Compensation: Advised a large medical group regarding the effects of a new workers compensation law poised to come into effect.
- Wage and Hour Litigation: Represented a small production company that was sued for various wage and hour claims, as well as Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) claims. Mr. Klein successfully drafted an ex parte motion urging the Court to grant a settlement agreement between the parties, resulting in a favorable outcome for the client.
- Hotel News Now, May 23, 2017
- Tip Credits and the Multitasking Hospitality Employee October 31, 2017
- The PAGA Saga: Expanded Discovery Rights for Plaintiffs August 28, 2017