- Juvenile Products Manufacturing Association
- International Consumer Products Health and Safety Organization
- Toy Industry Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
- US. District Court (SDNY)
- US. District Court (EDNY)
Rutgers University School of Law, J.D.
Washington University in St. Louis, B.A.
Jeremy D. Richardson
Jeremy Richardson is a partner in M&R’s New York office and leader of the firm's Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group. A preeminent lawyer serving the juvenile products industry, his practice is particularly concentrated on matters concerning children’s apparel, accessories, and furniture.
Given his vast expertise and background in fashion law, Jeremy’s clients rely on him to advise on and litigate copyright and trademark claims and an array of contract disputes, including those related to purchase and sale, license, and sales representative agreements, terms and conditions of sale, and minimum advertised price policies. He is also sought after by manufacturers of children’s goods to provide counsel on compliance matters. Entrepreneurs routinely retain Jeremy to protect their intellectual property, negotiate partnerships and other business structures, and, when necessary, handle litigation. As to the latter, Jeremy regularly practices in New York State courts, in arbitration, has argued before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, and has been admitted pro hac vice to practice in the California Superior Court.
Jeremy’s impact on the juvenile products industry has been felt beyond the boardroom and courthouse. Since 2005, he has worked closely with the American Apparel & Footwear Association’s (AAFA) Product Safety Council, urging Congress to improve implementation of the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA). His professional affiliations also extend to the Juvenile Products Manufacturers’ Association (JPMA) – he is an associate member – and the International Consumer Products Health and Safety Organization.
A frequent guest lecturer at Parsons School of Design and Fordham Law School – where he speaks on legal and regulatory issues in the fashion industry – Jeremy began his career as an entertainment lawyer counseling recording artists.
Jeremy earned a J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law in Newark. He was an undergraduate at Washington University in St. Louis, where was conferred a B.A.
- Bloomberg Law, June 20, 2018
- Sourcing Journal, November 8, 2017
- IPWatchdog.com, May 4, 2017
- Is a Minimum Advertised Price Policy a Vendor's Silver Bullet?The Giggle Guide, November 1, 2014
- Trademark Protection Beyond U.S. BordersThe Giggle Guide, December 1, 2013
- Is Co-Branding the Right Opportunity Right Now?The Giggle Guide, September 1, 2013
- When Is a Changing Pad Not a Changing Pad? When It's a . . . Bed.The Giggle Guide, March 1, 2013
- Protect Your Brand from CybersquattersThe Giggle Guide, May 1, 2012
- MAPP: Minimum Advertising Price PoliciesThe Giggle Guide, February 1, 2012
- Licensing in the Fashion and Childrenswear IndustriesThe Giggle Guide, December 1, 2011
- Learning from Gerber's ONESIES TrademarkThe Giggle Guide, September 1, 2011
- Can You Prove a Copycat Has Violated a Copyright?The Giggle Guide, August 1, 2011
Past Speaking Engagements
- Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA)Webinar, October 3, 2018
- Museum Store Association (MSA) Forward 2018Washington, D.C., April 28, 2018
- Juvenile Products Manufacturing Association (JPMA) Baby ShowWashington, D.C., March 22, 2018
- NY NOWNew York, NY, February 5, 2018
- Juvenile Product Manufacturers AssociationWebinar, November 29, 2017
- Juvenile Products Manufacturing Association (JPMA) Baby ShowAnaheim, CA, May 12, 2017
- Note to Copyright Owners: Register Your Original Work March 18, 2019
- Is Your Website ADA Compliant? February 25, 2019
- A Bit of Coverage on Coverage: Insurance 101 for Juvenile Products Manufacturers August 20, 2018
- Social Media Influencers Who Pay . . . No Way March 27, 2018
- Got Employees? New Laws Juvenile Products Manufacturers Need to Know January 30, 2018
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- The JPMA Show: Built for BabyOrlando, FL, April 11, 2019