Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California
California Minority Corporate Counsel
Latina Lawyers Bar Association
California Bureau of Real Estate
New York University School of Law
Tulane University, A.B. Freeman School of Business
Diyari Vázquez is a premier employment and commercial litigator in M&R’s Los Angeles office. Diyari's litigation practice includes labor and employment law, class actions and complex commercial litigation. She represents a variety of clients, including Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies, in state and federal court as well as arbitration, with an emphasis on clients in the hospitality industry.
In practice for 15 years, Diyari has an impressive track record of successfully defending clients in a range of employment matters. She has litigated countless cases regarding wrongful and constructive termination, retaliation, harassment, discrimination, failure to accommodate, tip-pooling, and wage and hour violations.
Beyond the courtroom, Diyari’s clients look to her for advice on employment issues. Diyari counsels clients on compliance with state and federal labor and employment laws, and preparation of employee manuals and policies. As an added value to her clients, she is fluent in Spanish and, among other things, prepares materials for state-mandated sexual harassment training for both English and Spanish speaking employees.
Diyari earned her J.D. from New York University School of Law. She also completed a semester abroad at the Faculty of Law in the University of Copenhagen. Diyari was an undergraduate at Tulane University, where she graduated with honors in Accounting and a minor in Psychology.
- Employment Litigation: Successfully enforced arbitration agreement and favorably settled lawsuit involving allegations of sexual discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, tip-pooling, and wage and hour violations against a premier restaurant and nightclub.
- General Litigation: Obtained summary judgment in favor of nightclub where plaintiff alleged $60 million in damages resulting from an accident that occurred after leaving the nightclub.
- Wage and Hour Litigation: Favorably settled proposed class action involving joint employer issues and alleged violations of California’s wage and hour laws, prior to the client incurring the expense of formal discovery and motion practice.
- Class Action Defense: Defeated class certification against plaintiffs who alleged multi-billion dollars in damages, and in favor of the makers of the leading energy shot in the U.S. market.
- Employment Litigation: Defeated allegations against bottling company for wrongful termination, sexual discrimination and breach of contract after a successful demurrer. Obtained sanctions against plaintiff for discovery violations. Plaintiff appealed, and the Court of Appeal affirmed its judgment the decision in the client’s favor.
- Business Litigation: Obtained substantial award in international arbitration between two Mexican companies fighting over the distribution rights to an energy drink, where most of the evidence and testimony was in Spanish.
- Hotel News Now, September 21, 2017
- Hotel News Now, August 30, 2017