Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
- U.S. District Ct., SDNY, EDNY, NDNY and WDNY
- U.S. District Ct. for the District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Bankruptcy Ct. for the District of Delaware
- U.S. Ct. of Appeals, 1st, 2nd and 7th Circuits
New York State Bar Association (Committee on Federal and Commercial Litigation)
Federal Bar Council
St. John's University School of Law, J.D.
State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A.
David A. Pellegrino
David A. Pellegrino, a partner in M&R’s New York office, is a sought after commercial litigator whose practice primarily focuses on real estate disputes. For more than two decades, David has represented parties – lenders, borrowers, developers, property owners, managing agents, boards, and brokers – involved in real estate-related litigation in state and federal courts. From cases concerning lien priorities, financing issues, and disagreements between partners and joint venturers to statutory actions such as foreclosures, partitions, and encroachments, David has handled an extensive variety of real estate litigation, and in so doing has developed an unparalleled skill set.
Several of the matters David has litigated have resulted in notable published opinions, including the leading case on the duration and priority of real estate judgment liens decided by New York’s highest court. As further testament to his vast expertise in the area, David co-authored the chapter “Commercial Real Estate Litigation” in the critically acclaimed multi-volume treatise Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts, edited by Robert L. Haig. Likewise, he frequently lectures on real estate litigation issues, and is an active member of the Commercial and Federal Litigation section of the New York Bar Association and its committee on the Civil Practice Law and Rules, which governs litigation in New York State Courts.
David earned his J.D. from St. John's University School of Law after attending the State University of New York at Stony Brook (B.A.) as an undergraduate student.
Awards & Special Recognition
Every year since 2014, David has been listed in the Super Lawyers® - Metro New York Edition (Business Litigation).
- Michelman & Robinson, LLP’s New York Office Adds Five New Attorneys Marking Tremendous Firmwide GrowthPress Release, September 12, 2017
- Anti-SLAPP Motions in New York’s Federal CourtsNew York Law Journal, November 21, 2013
- Commercial Real Estate LitigationCommercial Litigation in New York State Courts, 2011
- Proposed Revisions to CPLR 3213 Considered by New York LegislativeCommercial and Federal Litigation Section Newsletter, September 1996
- Comment to Proposed Legislation Involving Expedited Procedures for Commercial LitigationBoard of Governors for New York State Bar Association, February 1996
- Expediting Routine Litigation: A Call to Expand CPLR 3213N.Y. Litigator, November 2, 1995