Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
American Bar Association
Los Angeles Bar Association
Mexican American Bar Association
Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
University of Southern California School of Law, J.D.
Yale University, B.S.
Celina Kirchner, an associate in M&R’s Los Angeles office, is as dynamic and innovative as the companies she represents. With a primary client base engaged, primarily, in the insurance and advertising and digital media industries, her expertise is rather extensive.
As an insurance lawyer, Celina provides strategic counsel to insurers, private equity funds, reinsurers, producers and other insurance industry professionals on complex transactional and regulatory matters, licensing, market conduct and policy coverage issues. She litigates as well, having significant experience successfully defending M&R’s insurance clients, among others, both in court and at arbitration (from discovery through trial).
In the advertising and digital media space, Celina works with an array of entities – including startups – on corporate formation and structuring, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, stock transfers, contract negotiation, and vendor relations. Likewise, she works with her digital company clientele to develop growth strategies.
Celina is an active participant in Digital L.A. (the city’s largest digital networking group) and attends Digital Entertainment World (the influential industry gathering) each year as well as various National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) conferences. In addition, she is a member of M&R's Conflicts Ethics & Opinion and Diversity, Multiculturalism & Inclusion Committees.
While in law school, Celina worked as a Certified Law Student Advocate for the Post-Conviction Justice Project, where she prepared habeas corpus petitions, represented inmates at parole suitability hearings, and lobbied for youth inmate rights at the California senate. Also prior to joining M&R, she was the Southern California Regional Manager for the Ivy Division of Revolution Prep, providing marketing expertise in the Southern California education market.
Celina earned her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law in 2013, where she participated in a wide variety of academic and extracurricular activities. She served as Copy Editor for the Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal and Curriculum Director for Street Law, a group dedicated to bringing legal education to underserved middle and high school students. She was also President of the Latino Law Students Association and Vice President of Events for Legal Aid Alternative Breaks, a group that organized volunteer trips for USC law students when school was not in session. In addition, Celina was the Business Manager of Lawcapella, the law student a capella group at USC.
Before starting her legal education, Celina attended Yale University, where she earned a B.S. in Psychology in 2010. While at Yale, she was selected as Class Insight speaker, which afforded her the opportunity to speak at commencement about her class’s time at the university. She also received the Andrew Patterson Award for distinguished contributions to her class.
Awards & Recognition
Celina was named to the 2016 and 2017 list of Southern California Rising Stars by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Business Formation: Drafted an operating agreement for formation of a virtual reality production company.
Contract Drafting: Drafted vendor agreements, nondisclosure agreements, employment agreements, and other business contracts, including portions unique to the needs of the gaming and software industries.
Contract Dispute: Negotiated settlement of a contract dispute between two entertainment production companies.
Corporate Insurance Transaction: Assisted with due diligence review of four target insurance companies in preparation for acquisition by major national insurer.
Corporate Insurance Transaction: Assisted with completing key acquisition documents in major equity investment transaction.
Insurance Company Restructuring: Coordinated restructuring of insurance company, including changes to name and domicile, across all fifty states.
Litigation: A prominent Los Angeles hotel was sued by a restaurant patron who claimed to have injured himself while sitting in the staff section of the hotel restaurant. M&R settled the matter early in litigation by demonstrating the plaintiff’s failure to take responsibility for his own safety.
Piercing the Corporate Veil Complex Litigation: M&R’s client, a major lender, filed suit against a corporation that had drained its assets and failed to repay its loan. By investigating the corporation’s background, we discovered that it was being used as the alter ego of a single person who had been draining the corporation’s assets for his own personal use. We successfully implemented a successful piercing of the corporate veil strategy to hold him liable for the corporation’s debts.
- February 8, 2018
- Daily Journal, March 23, 2017
- MediaLink’s Founder Taps its Long-Time Advisor Michelman & Robinson, LLP in its Sale to Ascential plcPress Release, March 22, 2017
- Young Upstarts, November 15, 2017
- GeekWire, August 6, 2016
- Young Upstarts, August 25, 2015
Past Speaking Engagements
- Independent Insurance Agent & Brokers of California (IIABCal) Professional Development TrackWebinar, September 20, 2017
- Michelman & Robinson, LLP (M&R) Insurance Hot TopicsMay 2017
- Digital Entertainment WorldLos Angeles, CA, February 2, 2017
- Digital Entertainment WorldLos Angeles, CA, February 2, 2017
- Silicon Beach FestMarina del Rey, CA, August 26, 2016
- Digital WOMENLos Angeles, CA, March 8, 2016
- SoGal YouTuber FestSanta Monica, CA, November 14, 2015
- Silicon Beach Fest 2015Marina Del Rey, CA, June 25, 2015
- Digital LatinoLos Angeles, CA, May 5, 2015
- To Buy, Or To Form, An Insurance Agency . . . That Is The Question December 28, 2017
- Pokémon Oh No! Augmented reality raises specter of personal injury claims August 11, 2016
- Hulu Prepares to Launch New Cable TV-Like Service May 4, 2016
- FTC Cracking Down on Body Care Products . . . Naturally April 22, 2016
- Is Hulu Really Going “Ad-Free?” September 9, 2015
- Celina Kirchner Explains Why Every Startup Needs an Attorney May 5, 2015
- Digital Entertainment WorldFebruary 2, 2017
- Silicon Beach FestSeptember 2, 2016
- Digital WOMENMarch 8, 2016
- SoGal YouTuber FestNovember 14, 2015
- Silicon Beach FestJune 25, 2015
- Digital Latino: Startups, Content & SocialMay 5, 2015