Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- California Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
Los Angeles County Bar Association (Staff Editor, Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, 2013-2014)
One Justice: Impact LA
Alliance for Children’s Rights
Loyola Law School, J.D.
Villanova University, B.S.
Amanda K. Pawlyk
Amanda K. Pawlyk, a senior associate in M&R’s Los Angeles office, is a class action and complex commercial litigator. She has particular expertise in labor and employment matters – wage and hour claims, wrongful termination and discrimination disputes and incentive compensation issues, among them. Amanda has an impressive track record of successfully defending clients, including Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies, in state and federal courts across the United States, as well as at mediation and arbitration.
Before joining M&R, Amanda served as a clerk for the Honorable Thomas B. Donovan in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California. Thereafter, she was associated with an international law firm, and then Amanda focused her practice on complex litigation, labor and employment, and class action defense at Crone Hawxhurst LLP—a spinoff of Quinn Emanuel Urquart & Sullivan. All the while, Amanda cultivated her passion for pro bono work, and she continues to donate her time to legal causes throughout Los Angeles.
Amanda earned her J.D. from Loyola Law School, where she was actively involved in the Women’s Law Association and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, and worked as a research assistant. Amanda received her B.S. in Business Administration from Villanova University. At present, she volunteers as an alumni student mentor for the university.
- Employment Litigation: Successfully enforced arbitration agreement and favorably settled lawsuit involving allegations of sexual discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, tip-pooling, and wage and hour violations against a premier restaurant and nightclub.
- Employment Litigation: Obtained dismissal of allegations against the world’s largest database software company for wrongful termination and alleged violations of California’s wage and hour laws, prior to the client incurring the expense of formal discovery and motion practice.
- General Litigation: Favorably settled lawsuit alleging breach of contract against a table grape management company.
- And on the Seventh Day, We Rest...Sometimes October 5, 2017