Megan J. Penick
Corporate & Securities
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of New Jersey
- State Bar of Connecticut
- District of Columbia
- New York Law School, J.D.
- University of Iowa, B.A.
Megan Penick is a partner in M&R’s New York office and the firm’s Public Securities Chair. A general corporate and securities lawyer and business and corporate governance consultant, Megan brings nearly 20 years of experience to her practice and is sought after for her work guiding private companies through the process of going public.
Megan is also known for helping public companies meet their SEC filing and disclosure requirements. In addition, she represents issuers and underwriters in the sale of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance matters.
A niche area of Megan’s practice includes working with entrepreneurs, start-ups, small-cap and mid-sized ventures as outside general counsel, assisting these clients in all aspects of their corporate legal development. In this capacity, she handles a range of transactions, including those involving initial public offerings and uplisting issues (whether to NASDAQ or NYSE), as well as Regulation A+ offerings, the preparation and filing of quarterly and annual reports, proxy statements, current reports on Form 8-K, and registration statements.
In terms of her clientele, Megan represents both private and NASDAQ-listed companies in the education, cannabis, biotech, and pharmaceutical spaces, among many others. Some of her recent representative matters on behalf of these clients include:
(1) Representing iPower Inc. (Nadsaq:IPW) in a bridge offering followed by an initial public offering and Nasdaq listing, as well as ongoing SEC reporting matters;
(2) Representing Boxlight Corporation (Nasdaq:BOXL) in ongoing SEC reporting and corporate governance matters, along with multiple public offerings on Forms S-1 and S-3;
(3) Representing issuers in Regulation A+ public offerings; and
(4) Representing investment banks underwriting initial public offerings and follow-on offerings.
From time-to-time Megan represents China-based companies in public and private offerings as well. On behalf of these foreign entities, Megan has also completed reverse mergers into publicly-traded U.S. companies and advised on NASDAQ listing, financing and SEC-related matters. No doubt, her ability to communicate in Mandarin certainly came in handy in these transactions.