Health care fraud and abuse laws can be complex and tricky. We design and implement compliance programs that mitigate the potential for violating Stark Law, the False Claims Act, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, and other state laws and federal health care regulations. Further, we audit and conduct internal investigations to ensure these programs work effectively.
We ensure our clients are in full compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), which strives to protect patient privacy and security. Violating HIPAA can lead to government investigations, civil and criminal liability, and financial devastation. Our attorneys stay abreast of increased enforcements, modifications and rule changes to this complex area of the law.
- Becker's Hospital Review, August 30, 2016
- Health Care Company to Pay $514 Million to Settle Kickback Allegations October 4, 2016
- Criminal Charges Brought in $1 Billion Alleged Medicare Fraud Scheme July 22, 2016
- Health Care Providers Put On Notice As False Claims Act Penalties Are Doubled July 1, 2016
- Justice Department Announces Unprecedented National Health Care Fraud Takedown June 24, 2016
- Health Care Provider Alert: Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling on False Claims Act June 22, 2016
- Health Net Deepens Investigation of Addiction Treatment Centers April 21, 2016
- Patient Privacy Audits Underway . . . Are You HIPAA Compliant? March 22, 2016
- Senate Passes NOTICE Act Regarding Observation Care August 12, 2015
- New York Attorney General Pursues Dental Management Company for Corporate Practice Violation June 22, 2015
- Miami Nursing Home To Pay Record $17M in Whistleblower Suit June 19, 2015