We counsel clients with respect to advertising substantiation claims, to ensure our clients are in full compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC’s) regulatory standards. We know the ins and outs of consumer protection laws, as well as FTC policies, and routinely defend false advertising claims. For example, we successfully represented a direct marketing agency in a matter involving FTC and NAD allegations of false and unsubstantiated claims in the dietary supplement field in which our client was ultimately exonerated.
- Marketers of Health Supplement Settle FTC Charges Over Deceptive Advertising October 14, 2016
- Washington AG Settles with Makeup Company Over Marketing Practices September 8, 2016
- Taken for a Ride: Under-Fire Uber Pays the Price June 17, 2016
- Smarter, Stronger, Faster: FTC Cracking Down on Deceptive Health-Related Advertising June 14, 2016
- FDA is “Keeping up with the Kardashians’” Social Media Posts August 12, 2015
- Predetermined Outcome or Not, Sweepstakes and Slot Machines are Illegal under California Law July 8, 2015