Bloomberg Law Publishes Federal Health Care Discrimination by David D. JohnsonPDF
Michelman & Robinson, LLP prides itself on the industry expertise of our lawyers. Which is why companies looking for attorneys with a unique understanding of their businesses and sectors seek out M&R.
The most current example of M&R’s comprehensive understanding of the Health Care space comes in the form of an extraordinary 450-page treatise called Federal Health Care Discrimination Law, written by our very own David Johnson, partner in the firm’s San Francisco office. Bloomberg Law with the American Health Lawyers Association recently published the softcover, which presents an analysis of laws prohibiting discrimination by health providers and insurers.
The book conveys David’s broad expertise in health care law and particular understanding of several associated topics. They include:
- The major categories of discrimination – race, color, national origin, sex, disability and age – and how they have been applied in the health care context
- Duties under ACA Section 1557 and other federal financial assistance (FFA) acts, including when a health program is subject to them
- The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) and the complex regulatory schemes interpreting it, as well as additional federal and state mental health parity acts
- Application of discrimination law to private insurance such as employer-provided and individual coverage
- Requirements of federal health coverage programs, including Medicare, Medicaid, FEHBP and TRICARE
- Implementation of laws regarding limited English proficiency and communication disabilities in health care settings
Should you be facing the threat of a discrimination lawsuit or are in need of a health care practitioner – one who is a thought leader in the field and who brings tremendous value to health plan and health care providers – David is a recognized authority and comes highly recommended. You can contact him at email@example.com or 415-882-7770.