Physician Agreements for Employees and Independent ContractorsPDF Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA) Spring Convention
April 27, 2015 l 1:00 – 2:00 PM Central Time (11:00 AM – 1:00 PM PST)
Spencer Hamer spoke on the Comprehensive Clinic Startup Track at the Urgent Care Association of America’s (UCAOA) Spring Convention on “Physician Agreements for Employees and Independent Contractors.”
This session provided an in depth analysis of Physician employment and independent contractor agreements, including how to decide between employee and contractor status, key provisions to include in agreements, negotiation tips, how to protect a practice from trade secret theft and unfair competition, how to terminate an agreement, and more.
At the conclusion of this session, attendees:
- Are able to decide whether employee or independent contractor status is the best strategy for their practice;
- Know the important provisions that should be included in employment and contractor agreements;
- Have learned key provisions that are often in dispute and how to negotiate them;
- Understood how to address trade secret and unfair competition issues in agreements; and
- Have learned mistakes typically made in terminating Physicians and how to avoid them.