When the Time Comes: Smart Employee Termination StrategiesPDF Urgent Care Association of America Fall Conference
Taylor Burras spoke on the Achieving Operational Excellence in Urgent Care track at the Urgent Care Association of America’s (UCAOA) Fall Conference.
Taylor’s presentation, titled “When the Time Comes: Smart Employee Termination Strategies,” covered types of problem employees (and strategies for dealing with each type), how to use progressive discipline, what the potential pitfalls of terminations are, and useful strategies for employee terminations. All attendees were also provided with a checklist of “what to do before terminating an employee.”
At the conclusion of this session, attendees understood:
- The types of problem employees and strategies for dealing with each type;
- The risks associated with problem employees and employee terminations;
- How to avoid litigation risks with effective recruitment, screening, and training;
- How to deal with problem employees using progressive discipline;
- The most common lawsuits that employees file; and
- Effective strategies for reducing risk when making termination decisions.