Top 10 Employment Law Risks in the Hospitality IndustryPDF Hospitality Law Annual Conference
February 11, 2014
Dana Kravetz spoke at the Hospitality Law Annual Conference on “Top 10 Employment Law Risks in the Hospitality Industry.”
Dana’s presentation focused on:
- Key labor and employment legal risks facing the hospitality industry, including exempt status, on-call, off the clock, work and tips;
- Misclassification of independent contractors;
- Protection of confidential information; use of social media;
- Employee screening and negligent hiring; retaliation and whistleblowers;
- Immigration; minimum wage protests, labor relations, and union organizing;
- And more.
Participants received practical advice on how to assess and manage risk in these areas.