Start Up Legal: Human Resources OverviewPDF Urgent Care Association of America Fall Conference
October 5, 2013
Damaris Medina and Spencer Hamer gave a Human Resources Overview to physicians, urgent care providers and other attendees at the 2013 Urgent Care Association of America's (UCAOA) Fall Conference.
Topics Covered included:
- Understanding how to choose and form the right legal entity - partnership, corporation, or LLC;
- Understanding how alter ego, joint employer status, and piercing the corporate veil claims are used against Urgent Care employers in litigation;
- Identifying the main risks associated with hiring, employment agreements, and terminations;
- Understanding the key components of an employee handbook and how to implement them; and
- Recognizing current litigation trends in employment law and learn how to minimize risk in areas including discrimination, retaliation, leaves of absence, whistleblowers, overtime, and contractors.