Balancing the Pitfalls of Social Media and Other Hop Topics for Your GymPDF USA Gymnastics Regional Congress (Region One)
Marc Jacobs spoke at the 2013 USA Gymnastics Regional Congress.
Marc’s presentation, titled “Balancing the Legal Pitfalls of Social Media and Other Hot Topics for Your Gym,” focused on the unexpected legal issues raised by the ever-increasing use of websites and social media by gymnastics clubs in today’s “online” business climate, and other related critical legal steps that club owners and administrators can take can take to protect their gyms. Topics covered included:
- Social media and websites - maximizing effectiveness while complying with the legal and privacy rights involved;
- Changes to the Child Online Privacy and Protection Act effective July 1, 2013 impacting impact gymnastics clubs;
- Protecting your club’s dissemination of intellectual property through social media;
- Social media obligations of employees, and risks presented by ex-employees;
- Proper compliance with employment obligations;
- Managing risk and properly insuring your business and interests; and
- Successful business routines.