Changes in California UST EnforcementPDF National Institute for Storage Tank Management (NISTM) Annual Conference
Lara Shortz spoke at the National Institute of Storage Tank Management’s (NISTM) 2013 Southern California Storage Tank Conference.
The Water Board has instituted a permanent unit to root out fraud, waste and abuse, and is targeting UST Consultants and Claimants submitting claims for reimbursement to the UST Fund. Lara’s presentation, titled “Changes in California UST Enforcement -- What You Need to Know to Protect Yourself,” covered:
- Changes at the State Water Board’s Office of Enforcement- The Fraud, Waste & Abuse Prevention Unit
- How these changes will affect you
- UST Consultants
- UST Owners
- Tips for protecting yourself from the Office of Enforcement
Additional Agenda topics included:
- Storage Tank System Management and Best Practices
- Fuel Quality
- Operator Certification
- Alternative Fuels
- Industry Technologies
- Compliance Strategies
- Proposed revisions to federal UST rules
- Continuing Education Credits available.
Founded in 1989, The National Institute for Storage Tank Management (NISTM) is a non-profit organization that provides educational opportunities, resources and training seminars about the operation, regulation, and management of Underground and Aboveground storage tank systems.