Employment Law Developments: 2012 In ReviewPDF American Agents Alliance
Spencer Hamer gave a presentation entitled “Employment Law Developments: 2012 In Review,” to members of the American Agents Alliance.
This presentation provided a recap of the key cases, statutes, and employment law events of the past year, and also highlighted important trends and topics to watch in 2013.
Topics covered included:
- Wage and Hour;
- Leaves of Absence (FMLA/CFRA, ADA);
- Retaliation, Harassment, and Discrimination;
- Social Media and Privacy Rights;
- Summary of new state and federal statutes
- DLSE, DOL, DFEH, and EEOC enforcement developments;
- Upcoming Affordable Care Act Developments; and
- Revised California regulations on pregnancy discrimination that became effective on December 30, 2012, including the definition of pregnancy, pregnancy leave procedures, and accommodation requirements.