Non-compete Agreements: Drafting and Enforcement Considerations - Strategies to Protect Proprietary Business Information and Trade Secrets from Employee MisappropriationPDF
Spencer Hamer spoke via a CLE Live 90-minute webinar with interactive Q&A entitled “Non-compete Agreements: Drafting and Enforcement Considerations - Strategies to Protect Proprietary Business Information and Trade Secrets from Employee Misappropriation” held on Tuesday, August 28 from 10:00 pm - 11:30 pm PST.
This webinar prepared employment counsel to craft clear and enforceable non-compete agreements that are likely to stand up in court.
Topics covered included:
- Benefits and limitations of non-compete agreements
- Drafting non-compete agreements
- Contract law consideration
- Enforceability considerations
- Key provisions
- Enforcing non-compete agreements when an employee departs
The panel reviewed these and other key questions:
- What are the key provisions to include in non-compete agreements?
- How should non-compete agreements be drafted to avoid being considered unreasonable, over-broad and unenforceable by the courts?
- What policies and practices should employers implement to help ensure swift and effective enforcement of the non-compete agreement when an employee departs?