It is Michelman & Robinson, LLP’s (M&R’s) privilege to provide legal services to those who lack access to legal representation due to their economic situation.
Our attorneys are passionate and civic-minded. Through our pro bono efforts, M&R frequently represents low-income individuals and families, as well as nonprofit organizations. We handle all cases with the highest level of care, tenaciously advocating for pro bono and paying clients alike. It is our obligation to use our professional skills to benefit those in need, and we take this responsibility seriously.
Below is a sampling of our pro bono matters:
We donate time and resources to organizations that address the needs of underprivileged children.
- Children’s Law Center of California: Through our work with this organization, we seek justice for children in the custody of the Department of Children and Family Services.
Low Income Assistance
We provide services to improve the living conditions and protect the rights of those less fortunate than ourselves.
- New York Legal Aid Society: We are proud supporters of this important organization—our attorneys have fought against unscrupulous landlords on many occasions. In one such matter, we assisted a single mother of two small children living in squalor in a fight with her landlord to make her apartment habitable.
- Share Our Selves: Because we understand how easy it can be to slip through the cracks, we provide homeless and low-income populations with safety net services through our work with this vital Orange County nonprofit.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA): We regularly prepare tax documents and handle cases for this worthy nonprofit, helping families in jeopardy gain a financial foothold.
- Bet Tzedek: Sanford Michelman, the Firm’s Founder, has been honored by the California State Bar for his work with this nonprofit that provides free, comprehensive legal services to low-income individuals. Many other M&R attorneys regularly work on cases for this worthy organization, addressing issues ranging from living conditions to employment and government benefits.
In addition to our Going Green efforts, we work with organizations that strive to preserve the environment.
- Plant for the Planet: M&R is working to bring this international organization, designed to address problems associated with climate change, to the United States.