At Michelman & Robinson, LLP (M&R), our committed and engaged workforce is driven to benefit not only our clients, but the broader communities in which we live. This translates into taking steps to make the greatest positive impact on the world around us. We strive to make a difference by committing time and resources to a wide variety of charitable and community organizations. By embracing the passion projects of our people, we become part of something greater than ourselves. When we give back, M&R is at its best.
We seek opportunities to become meaningfully engaged with our communities by devoting time, services and financial resources to charitable organizations. M&R supports multiple nonprofits on a local, national and global level. We concentrate our efforts on organizations that strengthen our community, including those that benefit children, the less fortunate and those struggling with disease.
We are proud to support multiple programs designed to better the lives of children.
- I Have a Dream Foundation: M&R passionately supports this important organization, which works to ensure that all children have the opportunity to pursue higher education. By adopting third grade classes and working with those children over the next 10 years, matriculation rates have skyrocketed.
- Project Hope Alliance: M&R is actively involved with Project Hope Alliance, an organization dedicated to improving the lives of 30,000 homeless children in Orange County.
- Water Buffalo Club: M&R donates time and resources to the Water Buffalo Club, a group that provides financial support to lesser known charitable organizations that benefit kids in need.
- Zimmer Children’s Museum: We are enthusiastic supporters of this museum and youth development organization that teaches community values and social responsibility to children through fun, interactive exhibits, classes and events.
Finding a Cure
We focus our attention and resources on helping organizations dedicated to the research and treatment of disease.
- American Cancer Society: M&R attorneys and staff participate in the annual American Cancer Society’s Race for the Cure to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Center: We partner with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Center and help organize the annual Orange County Walk to benefit diabetes research.
- Phase One: We proudly embrace Phase One, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Phase I clinical research and treatment programs for patients with cancer.
Our commitment to enriching our communities is unwavering.
- Ability First: M&R raises thousands of dollars each year on behalf of Ability First, an organization that provides a wealth of vital services to children and adults with developmental disabilities. Additionally, “M&R Team Inspiration,” comprised of more than 50 attorneys, professional staff and their families, participates in the annual Ability First Stroll & Roll.
- Peace Over Violence (formerly the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women): M&R is a strong advocate for Peace Over Violence, an organization dedicated to preventing domestic violence, child abuse and stalking.
- South Bay Center for Counseling: M&R donates time and resources to the South Bay Center for Counseling, a group that has helped communities in Los Angeles County discover and develop tools for individual and collective well-being for more than 40 years.
While our giving back efforts extend beyond participation in these organizations, they are indicative of the kinds of causes we hold dear. We believe in creating powerful change that improves the lives of others. We care deeply for our community — that's M&R.